Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday Words


Yesterday I went to the doctor for a screening for my routine colonostopy . While waiting in the reception room for my appointment which was late as usual (kind of like the military, they want you there 10minutes early but they are always running late, in military terms known as hurry up and wait).
There was an older gentleman there with a U.S.M.C. hat on. I struck up a conversation with him asking when he was in the "Suck" a term which automatically lets one know you are a fellow Leatherneck. Our conversation about our time in the Marines and Vietnam made the wait pass quickly. Upon leaving he said, "Simper Fi ." To which I replied, "Back to you brother." There is a bond that those who have never known the corps could never understand, once a Marine always a Marine. May God bless and protect those in service today.

No comments:

Post a Comment