Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cynical


I hate the fact that I am becoming cynical about everything that happens. Yesterday as I viewed the lawlessness in Egypt and listened to the so called experts talk about the freedom fighters in the streets of Cairo (what a joke! Freedom fighters do not loot and kill each other - a lawless mob does. As I saw the charge of the horses and camels I expected to see Peter O'Toole and Omar Sharif come riding in firing their weapons --- I mean it is so staged!!) These people have been controlled for 30 years and are being controlled even now...by their government, by religious factions and by the United States Government. If they were freedom fighters they would know what they want and would not need leaders from outside to lead them.
I hate being such a cynic, but what our government has become is causing us to rot from within and our love of stuff (we gotta have our stuff and more of it) we no longer have the fire of freedom burning in our souls and are ruled (yes ruled not led) by a government that will not let any opportunity or crisis go by without using it as a way to profit. God help me, I am a cynic and don't trust anyone with an agenda. God help me but more fervently I pray help Thy People prepare for the trials to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment