Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday Shot

I was afraid people wouldn't believe how many Gold Finches we have had and even now at the end of June we still have them. Pictures prove you are telling the truth. I have twice seen a Red Shouldered Hawk on top of our bird feeder. When he comes there are no other birds in sight the squirrels disappear and he sits majestically surveying the area. As soon as he senses movement from me he is gone so I haven't been able to photograph him.

This past week while nursing my strained back in my back chair and heating pad my wife who was home sick with a sore throat and fever, came in and said, "Your hawk is here!" Once again he saw us and was gone before we could confirm with a photo. But I now have confirmation of his presence.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that Mom finally got to see the hawk! They're so pretty.

    ReplyDelete