Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Words


This past week was marked by a visit from our daughter and grand child. We had a wonderful time with them but on their last day with us we were going through old pictures with our daughter making copies of old friends and family she did not have.
Several times she would ask me "who is this" as we browsed the old memories. Most I could answer with a little story like, "that's John Perry I served with him in Vietnam." To many who were so close, shared so much and as life quickly passed by were lost in the business of growing old. As I looked at each one I wondered, where are they now, what have they done with their lives and if they often wonder too. Alas one of the great gifts of God is that one day we will all meet again and spend eternity knowing them as they truly are and sharing self as we truly are.

No comments:

Post a Comment