Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday Words


Where has my country gone? Every thing is motivated by money and what is best for me. Last night we had our H.O.Assoc. meeting. We budgeted to mow lots unoccupied because the developers who owned them won't, our only other recourse is to wait till the grass is knee high then call the city, who then calls the developer. If it isn't then mowed the city mows it and then bills the developer twice what would be required but won't allow us to bill the developer if we want to keep it neat and rodent free. The city put in the drainage and admits it was done wrong but since people are living here now it is our responsibility to fix it at our own expense. Federal, state or local they are looking out for number one and it isn't the tax payer they see as number one but their own welfare, by golly we are becoming a welfare nation, see to my own welfare and be damned with the rest.

5 comments:

  1. Exactly why I don't attend HO meetings any longer. A bunch of wannabe politicians in it for their own glory. And a city government that won't take responsibility for their own inspectors who blew the initial inspection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel the pain, but I guess I'm a wanna be politician as I am serving as Check Writer and Grass Checker this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that's crazy! gregg had to deal with something like that a few years ago when we still lived in CL. in that instance though, the city ended up paying for their mistake. somehow i knew you were going to get roped into a job or two with your HOA. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, but you are looking out for the neighborhood by serving. Ours just look out for themselves. Our whole neighborhood of 330 homes has serious drainage problems. My yard is a swamp for several days after even a small rain. The board voted to fix the drainage. So far in three years, the drainage has been corrected around seven homes - all board members... So you see my ire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually I volenteered for the position so they wouldn't nominate me for president. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete