Monday, April 20, 2009

Did you save my chocolate


My daughter reminded me this morning of how important family is. We live about eight hours apart and the phone and our blogs help us stay in touch.
I was talking to my granddaughter, who is five, last week and she was saving me a piece of chocolate from her Easter Egg hunt as they are coming to spend a week with us the first of May.
While on the phone with her last night I asked if she still had my chocolate she was saving. After a Short pause her reply was, "I forgot and I ate it but I will get you more." Me, "You promised you would save it for me." Violet, "I'm sorrrrry, I will get you some more." Me, "You will forget and eat it too." Violet, "No I won't. You are silly Grandpa."
What keeps me going for a week is ending our calls when I say, "I love you Violet." Her reply is the sweetest thing that keeps me going till the next call, "I love you too Grandpa." The sweetest words under God's Heaven.

1 comment:

  1. She loves her Mimi and Grandpa SOOOO much! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Oh, Violet was very concerned about getting you some chocolate last night. She begged to stay up so that she could make you some cookies. LOL.

    ReplyDelete