Thursday, April 16, 2009

He Wasen't Impressed

I will bet my next retirement check that they wish they could have been here instead of standing in front of the White House in the freezing rain in thirty degree temperatures. Yet in these conditions hundreds gathered to send a message they were fed up with excessive bailouts of irresponsible businesses, a Federal budget that will lead to expanded government that will further reduce individual and states rights and a growing deficit that will be passed on to our children and their children.

These "Tea Parties" took place all across our nation, in every state, in varying numbers from hundred to thousands. Our leader looked out the window from his 78 degree office and said,
"He was not impressed." Then made a speech that said the excess was working but would take time and more of our future would be needed for his plan to work. How out of touch can one man be? I guess its not that hard to understand when you listen to those who share a like misunderstanding and listen to a biased media exalt your praises.

I just wonder daily how they can expect to save a debt problem with more debt. Mr. Obama think about this, my father's generation had far less than I do, and what I have I earned with over fifty years of hard work. For leaving my generation a nation of free people under God to pursue whatever their sweat will allow them to gain. For this they are known as the "Greatest Generation."

We protested because we see nothing in our generation but a will to have. Greed in business, greed in Washington and a desire for more and more without concern for the price to be paid,
an attitude of "I want it now as it is owed to me." Mr. President and men and women of congress we do not need government to provide for us we need you to insure the opportunity to have the Judao Christian work ethic that this country was founded on. One nation, under God, with freedom to go as far as our abilities will carry us. One nation under God. That is our heritage and we need to leave to our children and their children the same opportunity. My prayer is that God will forgive our greed and restore our faith in Him and His given "rights" given to us by our forefathers in the Constitution, a Republic not a Nanny State.

I think that is what the Tax Day Tea Parties were about Mr. President and they will not stop with what went unheeded yesterday but will grow till election day when we the people will have our say. Mr. President and congress we will return to a government by the free, for the free that listens to the free. Maybe you weren't impressed yesterday but you will be in November next year.

I was very impressed yesterday and will continue to actively resist through peaceful opposition to the rule of law and the constitution in hope that my daughter and grand daughter will not think of me as part of what is happening now but as one who stood up for their chance to have what I was handed and am watching slowly slip away by greed and ideology that is foreign to that which made this the greatest nation on earth. I will no longer say "God Bless the USA but God return and Bless the USA".

No comments:

Post a Comment