Monday, April 6, 2009

I Think Spring Is Coming


Yesterday my wife reported that she saw my beloved Bocephus sitting on the pole where we normally hang our feeders. Since I have been bothered the last few days by my herniated discs I was slow in coming to see, by the time I arrived he had departed.
Knowing that my wife would not lie about such a thing I busied myself getting the feeders out. Within an hour I had two fresh feeders hanging in the sun and the watch is on. I have not seen them yet but know it is only a matter of time til once again they are battling for territorial rights.
The weatherman has predicted 29degrees for a low tonight, that can't be good for them. Over the weekend we saw on golden finch, usually by now many would have passed through.
My wife says its the weather, but I think they are watching television somewhere. They have heard our president talk about our evils as a country and chum up with the Europeans. I fear they are believing him and continuing Northeast to cross the Atlantic and enjoy the rosy pictured there. It will certainly not be good for them to do so as the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence (or in this case another ocean).

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that your back has been bothering you. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete