Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ashamed


This is P.B. Squirt. He is my constant companion since my retirement. He knows only one way in life -- his. He sleeps most of the time and somehow unknown to me knows when it is 6am,
3pm and 9pm which are our standard feeding times.
He can be caring, when he chooses to.
He can be agressive, when he chooses to.
He can be smart, when he chooses to.
Mostly he just sleeps and eats and in his mind that is due him by virtue of who he is.
I am ashamed to say that I see the same attributes in our countries current leaders (president, speaker of the house and senate). They have their ideas and agendas which is what they will force upon us, it doesn't matter what we want, what the Constitution says or which of God's Commandments they tread on. I have a grand child who just turned 5 and doesn't have the slightest idea what this current adminestration has done to her future. Her generation will have a staggering debt to pay the world and will probably have to learn to speak Chinese to survive.
Before you dismiss what I say as right wing bitterness, racial hatred, or call me unAmerican let me say I have worked since the age of 14, raised to believe if you didn't work you didn't eat. I served in the Marines for 10 year and am a VietNam veteran. I am proud of my country and the office of the president, senate and house are respected in my heart. I still think the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution are the greates pieces of wisdom ever written and I hold the second only to the Bible.
I am ashamed of what our country and its leader have become. We need a new set of leaders who not only have the will to stand up for THEIR AGENDA and convictions but for the will of the people, the Constitution of the United States of America and the Word of God. These are the truths on which our country was founded and will stand or fall. I only pray God will be merciful over the next few years till we can vote our concience and find responsible leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment