Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Need to Confess

I need to confess something. For most of my life I have claimed to be neither democrat nor republican but American. Yet I find myself usually voting for the republican. Since I am trying to confess here let me be honest 99.9% of the time it was a vote for what I considered to be the lesser of the evils. Which brings me to my confession I will no longer vote this way but vote my convictions in this way I can at least feel I have risen above the problem that entraps us.
For anyone who cares, even those who are now watching our every move and calling us names that apply to most of them, this is what a candidate must believe to receive my vote.
First he or she must be willing to work for and accept term limits.
Second he or she must be willing to vote against all deficit spending and promise to work toward retiring our national debt all under a balanced yearly budget.
Third he or she must have shown that they have lived their life as if the accept and believe in and will support the Constitution of the Republic.
Lastly he or she must believe in and trust the American people. They must believe as did our forefathers that our people are our strength and hope, that power must come from the people, who can represent themselves through strong States Rights with a Federal Government limited to only those powers expressly named in the Constitution.
If I cannot find someone who holds these beliefs that I can vote for I pledge to vote out of power all those on my ballot who do not hold with these beliefs.
Would you not join me? Establish your own list of priorities, hold to them under God and take an active stance to rebuild our nation to greatness. Our forefathers warned us of the dangers of career politicians who become entrenched and seek only to insuring they are secure and prosperous.

No comments:

Post a Comment