Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday Words

Before I retired I worked for a family owned company that had a "code of conduct". Upon going to work for the company you had to read and sign the "code of conduct". Any violation of the code was cause for dismissal. On several occasions I had to exercise the trust put in me by the company and enforce the "code of conduct". At one time forced to terminate a man I considered to be a friend who was my trusted assistant. It was hard to do but a "code" is a "code" and once agreed to means nothing if not held in the highest regard.
Our president, vice-president and congressmen and women have taken an "oath" to uphold the Constitution and serve the people. The people whom they are supposed to work for are responsible for enforcing that "solemn oath". They need to give thanks I do not have the management position I held before retirement over them. I would have held them to that "oath" a long time ago. Unfortunately I must wait for an election as there is no accountability in Washington, if there were we would see a lot of impeachments till those who seemingly have their fingers crossed behind their back as the swear the "oath of office". Thats just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment