Sunday, February 8, 2009

About me


Let me introduce myself and explain why I am creating a blog. I recently retire (picture at right in the gift from my crew) as manager of a college bookstore. I have had what some have called a life that is filled with many different experiences. I have worked in retail for over 25 years in one position or another, spent 11 years as an electrician at a East Texas Steel Mill, I spent 10 years in the United States Marines with tours in Vienam and Okinawa as a helecopter electrician and I am an ordained Baptist Minister having pastored 5 churches and done 3 mission trips to Brazil. I have been married to the same wonderful lady for 46 years and have one daughter and one granddaughter.
I would like to share from my different experiences, post humorous tidbits on my retirement buddies (PB, Patches and Ebony) and from time to time comment on our society and government and share anything else that comes to fast aging mind. I welcome your comments and guidance on anything I might post here.

1 comment: