Wednesday, February 11, 2009


This is our granddaughter this last Christmas. She was a hoot to watch as she opened her presents. If they were toys, she was ready to stop right then and check them out, but if they were clothes they were immediately tossed to her mother to move on to the next gift in hopes of more toys.
Avery is the main reason for my concern with what is going on in Washington. What do our grandchildren have to look forward to?
A growing national debt, inevitable inflation at the rate they are spending and a standard of living that will effect us all going forward with less we can provide for ourselves.
I have written all my representatives more in the last two weeks than at any time in my life.
I have heard from none of them, maybe I need to make a contribution to their election coffers to get their attention. This morning I hear Chuck Shummer saying, "The American people don't care about the pork that is in the stimulus package." I thought the Snake Oil Salesman said there was no pork in the package.
Why are we not concerned when major policies are embedded in a bill that must pass to save the world as we know it for no other reason than to try to escape the light of public scrutiny and by pas the checks and balances that our forefathers built into our system. I am at a loss to know what to do about the lack of integrity and accountability in Washington, all I know is that we will surely reap what we have sown, God help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment