Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Watch Cat


We purchased our current house a few years ago. At one point our contractor who shall be called Reggie as that is his first name had a little fun at the expense of PB. He thought it was funny that he could make PB angry, not realizing that PB had the memory of an elephant. If you need confirmation of that fact as my sister-in law Kathy.
At any rate Reggie returned several months later to make some repairs in our bathroom. It was mid summer and he was attired appropriately in shorts and a tee. He busied himself with the repairs and I returned to whatever it was I was doing. In about five minutes I heard a scream and panicked calls for my assistance. Upon entering the room I found Reggie standing in our whirlpool tub where he had been treed by PB who was determined to have his way with those bare legs. I had to retrieve PB, not an easy task given his state, and lock him up before Reggie would return to his task.
Several months later he had another problem to which one of Reggie's employee's was dispatched to repair. He would not enter the house until I assured him that the "attack cat" was secured and the area safe for his entry. It is comforting to know the word is out that our abode is not a safe place to enter without security.

2 comments:

  1. PB has the memory of several elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He got what he deserved for antagonizing poor PB.

    Now don't get me wrong, PB can be a mess at times but I find if you just leave him be and let him do as he wishes then you will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete