Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thursday Words


No matter how clever I might think I am it seems my wife can tell when I am not being completely truthful. It has been that way since we were married so many years ago. I have often wondered how she could see right through me when in my mind I was being so clever. I have finally figured it out.
After watching our president, Nancy and Harry and all those others who have pushed so much spending on us. No matter how they manipulate and spin (Washington correctness for not telling the truth) when you stop and think about it, well it never passes the test of reason much less their history.
I can see right through it every time.
Conclusion on my part is they either don't think we are smart enough to see past what they say to what our reason tells us they are doing or as someone once said to me, "If you tell a lie enough, in your mind it becomes truth."
I can promise my wife I will always be 100% honest with her and know that it becomes my responsibility to live up to that promise. I am a better man and husband for it. Would it not be wonderful if politicians came to the same conclusion? The truth shall set you free, I think with God's help I will try being what I want others to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment