Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wednesday Words


This morning over breakfast my wife and I had a semi-serious discussion. In the background the television was joyously resounding with sound of clowns and the glee of the moment.
In our discussion I insisted that I was a conservative while she insisted that having been married to me for 75% of her life she knew I was a Republican. I insisted I was a Conservative with no party affiliations I merely voted Republican 90% of the time because their candidate came closest to my viewpoint. In the background the clown clammered on from Washington.
Seriously it is time to forget party lines and vote, believe and live what is best for our great nation. In this season of Thanksgiving and thinking back over the past year in our personal life there is much to be thankful for. Our love is still strong, our health is good and our children are safe. There isn't much about our nation over the past year to be thankful for and that makes me think it is time for a personal renewal.
If we all practice Christian conservatism in our own personal life and vote for those who meet our standards and hold them to that standard, I believe God will restore our nation to its once secure standing. What we are experiencing in our nation is the absence of God's grace. I am most thankful that even in the darkest times His presence is there wanting only repentance and renewal from His people so He can once more restore America to be a "Shinning city on a hill" before the world. America we have nothing to be ashamed of except our personal choices, I pray we will accept responsibility for our own selves and become again God's people.

No comments:

Post a Comment