Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday Words


I want to say a word about Good common sense. I believe we are all born with common sense. Just as all God's created animals have instincts, humans I believe are born with common sense. Having said that I believe Good common sense is learned by the experiences that we have in life. It is individual, it is learned and it is instinctive and shaped by life's experiences.
For example my experiences in life have led to my belief in Jesus as my Lord and Savior. He has sustained me in times of stress and trial, He has protected me in harms way in situations that without Him I would have lost my way and possibly have perished. He has shown me the value of His Word and through over fifty years of reading and meditation in His Word, common sense has taught me that His Word requires me to be responsible for myself and the decisions I make.
I believe the difference between common sense and Good common sense is where it comes from.
If it is based on my experiences and the wisdom of others it is common sense. If it comes from my experiences, the wisdom of others based on a firm foundation in my Creator then it becomes Good common sense. Friends we battle not against principalities but against the forces of good and evil and a fear of the Lord is the basis of Good Common Sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment